Conjunctivitis can be caused be viral or bacterial infections, allergies, or irritants. It can be very contagious and spreads easily from person to person through direct or indirect contact with eye secretions.
Some of the common symptoms of conjunctivitis are:
- Redness or swelling of the white of the eye or inside the eyelids.
- An increased amount of tears.
- Eye discharge which may be clear, yellow, white or green.
- Itchy, irritated and/or burning eyes.
- Crusting of the eyelids or lashes.
If your child has any of these symptoms, please consult a doctor immediately and keep your child at home until the infection clears up. Kindly refrain your ward to take part in any of the school’s activities/events/exams in case he/she is suffering from the above mentioned infection.
To prevent the spread of conjunctivitis, please follow these precautions:
- Do not touch your eyes after touching any other object or surface without washing your hands.
- Do not share food and drinks of the infected person.
- Use a lint-free cotton cloth soaked in water to wipe the lashes and clean off the crusts.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter.